How to Make a Book in Minecraft
Books in Minecraft are items for storing text, magical enchantments, and crafting some items important for improving equipment. Books in Minecraft appeared back in 2010 during the first alpha versions of the game. Already in the official release, the books began to expand their functionality, especially they became important for enchantments. The book can be made in the same way both in earlier versions: 1.12, and in later versions: 1.15.2, 1.16.
Types Of Books
There are two types of books. A regular book is needed for crafting and enchantments. It is used to create bookshelves, an enchantment table, and a written book. If you combine an ordinary book with a feather and an ink bag, you get a book with a feather. With the right mouse button, you can write something into it.
Advantages Of The Book
How to Make a Book in Minecraft are a very important resource. Thanks to them, you can competently enchant armor and tools, collect powerful enchantments and not carry all the experience with you. Without books, it will be very difficult for the player to kill bosses. And it is not difficult to craft books, which allows you to have many books for enchantments at the beginning of the game.
For enchanting, you need to put the book on the enchantment table along with lapis lazuli and select the enchant. A chat level can be combined in an anvil by connecting two books with one level of a certain enchantment.
Books are valuable, they need leather to create, which forces the player to raise cows. It takes a lot of experience to combine books. Also, sometimes in one book, enchanted at level 30, there may be several incompatible enchantments. If such a book is used on equipment, then one of the enchantments will disappear.
How To Craft
The book is crafted using 3 sheets of paper and one leather. The paper can be obtained by placing three reeds horizontally.
A book with a feather is created with a book, a feather, and an ink bag (dropped from an octopus).
Where To Find It?
You can find books in any treasury or craft yourself. Often, already enchanted books appear in fortresses, treasuries, and bastions, which can be used in an anvil to set an enchant on an item.
Also, books are actively traded by a resident with the profession of a scribe. He both buys books and materials for their creation and sells enchanted and ordinary books.
What Is It Used For?
First of all, books are used as a tool for effectively enchanting things. The book can be put on the enchantment table and get any enchantment on it. Then this book can be combined with armor, weapons, or tools in the anvil. Also, if you combine two books with an identical enchantment in an anvil, then its level will increase by 1 point.
In addition to enchantments, books are needed to create an enchantment table, bookshelves, and a book with a quill.
The enchanting table in the game
What Enchantment Does What Affect?
- Submariner – allows you to destroy blocks underwater at the same speed as on land;
- Arthropod scourge – increases damage to spiders, silverfish, and bees;
- Explosion resistance – the damage from any explosions is reduced;
- Thunderer – during a thunderstorm, lightning strikes the point of impact;
- Underwater walking – allows you to quickly walk underwater;
- Efficiency – Mining speed increases;
- Weightlessness – decreases damage from falls;
- Conspiracy of fire – after a hit, the target lights up;
- Fire resistance – reduction of damage from fire and lava;
- Burning Arrow – Fired arrows set the target on fire;
- Luck – gives a chance to drop a large number of resources;
- Walking on water – the water under your feet turns into ice and allows you to walk;
- Soul speed – increases the speed of walking on the sand of souls and the soil of souls;
- Piercing – increases the damage to the trident against sea creatures;
- Infinity – the bow does not waste arrows;
- Recoil – after a hit, the target is folded back;
- Mining – increases the number of dropped items after mining or killing with an enchanted tool;
- Loyalty – the trident comes back;
- Lucky fisherman – the chance to catch value increases;
- Bait – increases the chance to catch fish;
- Repair – when gaining experience, part of it goes to repair the item;
- Triple shot – the crossbow shoots three arrows at once;
- Piercing Arrow – the crossbow shoots right through;
- Strength – increases damage to the bow;
- Protection from projectiles – reduces ranged damage;
- Protection – reduces damage from any attacks of mobs;
- Knockback – the target is knocked back from the arrow hit;
- Fast reloading – the crossbow reloads faster;
- Underwater breathing – you can stay underwater longer;
- Tyagi – underwater, the trident pulls the player towards itself;
- Sharpness – increases the damage of the sword;
- Licky touch – a block falls out, even if something else should have dropped out of it using the correct tool (for example, a pickaxe on a licky touch mines ore with coal, and not the coal itself, as an ordinary pickaxe does;
- Heavenly punishment – increased damage to all types of zombies (including hellish ones);
- Blade – increases damage to nearby targets;
- Thorns – sometimes transfer damage to the attacker;
- Invincibility – equipment breaks more slowly.
Crafting a Bookcase And Enchantment Table
A bookcase is created from 3 books and 5 boards of any wood.
To create an enchanting table, you need to have a diamond pickaxe, since only she can get 4 obsidian for crafting. Besides obsidian, you need one book and two diamonds.
Also Check: How to Make a Door in Minecraft